Slow cooker freezer meals are a life saver in my house. Easy to prep. Easy to cook. And easy to clean.
This chicken teriyaki recipe is no exception.
With just 10 to 15 minutes of preparation time, I can have an entire dinner waiting for me and my family at the end of the day.
And let’s not forget just how yummy this recipe is.
The chicken shreds and falls apart with a fork, and the carrots almost melt in your mouth. When served over rice and sprinkled with sesame seeds, slow cooker chicken teriyaki easily keeps me and my family full.
Better still, you can prep this recipe ahead of time and freeze it for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to cook it, just thaw it overnight in the fridge, and it’s ready to go in the cooker.
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- 452 Grams Chicken Breasts (About 4 Large Breasts)
- 142 Grams Green Bell Pepper, Chopped (1 Bell Pepper)
- 312 Grams Carrots, Sliced (3 or 4 Large Carrots)
- 64 Grams Soy Sauce (1/4 Cup Soy Sauce)
- 156 Grams Teriyaki Sauce (1/2 Cup)
- 6 Grams Minced Garlic (2 Teaspoons)
- 106 Grams Brown Sugar, Packed (1/2 Cup)
- 13 Grams Sesame Oil (1 Tablespoon)
- 5 Grams Ginger Paste (1 Teaspoon)
- 240 Grams Chicken Broth (1 Cup)
- Add chicken, bell pepper, carrots, and minced garlic to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger paste, and chicken broth. Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Use a permanent marker to write the meal name, the date, and directions.
- Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge prior to cooking.
Did You Try It?
This is a family favorite recipe that I love to cook on a regular basis. But I always love to make a good recipe even better. Do you have suggestions for improving the flavor? Additional ingredients you like to add? Tell me in the comments below!