I really love blondies.
They’re like the lovechild of brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Not to be confused with brookies, which are also a crazy hybrid of brownies and cookies.
Blondies have all the chewy, gooey texture of brownies but the light vanilla flavor of chocolate chip cookies. Better still, these particular sourdough discard blondies also have a delightfully tangy, butterscotch flavor that make them stand out from other blondies.
Need I go on?
Oh, you know I couldn’t help myself.
Just look at them. They are so indulgent and naughty. And yet I can’t help but reach for another one because they are just that good. Even my daughter came in and grabbed a couple for herself.
They’re a great way to use up sourdough starter discard, but they’re also just a fantastic dessert all around. I love making them for guests, and for whenever I feel like snacking on something tasty.
Sourdough Discard Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- 112 Grams Butter, Melted (8 Tablespoons of Butter)
- 336 Grams Light Brown Sugar (1 1/2 Cups Packed)
- 6 Grams Vanilla Extract (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 113 Grams Sourdough Starter Discard (1/2 Cup)
- 190 Grams All-Purpose Flour (1 2/3 Cup)
- 1.5 Grams Salt (1/4 Teaspoon)
- 112 Grams Chocolate Chips (2/3 Cup)
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit (176° Celsius).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract.
- One at a time, whisk in the eggs.
- Stir in the sourdough starter discard.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a lightly greased 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come away clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before slicing and removing from the pan.
Did You Try It?
I love hearing from my readers. If you tried this recipe, let me know what you think. Do you prefer your blondies with a few more chocolate chips? No chocolate chips at all? Nuts? Tell me about it in the comments below!
Leave a Comment