Ok, I’m a sucker for chocolate chip cookies.
And I confess I’ve eaten a ridiculous amount of cookies in my lifetime.
I’ve also tried a bunch of chocolate chip cookie recipe variations over the years. And this recipe is, by far, my favorite one.
The cookies are light and chewy. The chocolate chips melt in your mouth. And, of course, you can make a big batch and eat them for days. If you feel so inclined.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- 300 Grams All-Purpose Flour (2 1/2 Cups)
- 4 Grams Baking Soda (1 Teaspoon)
- 3 Grams Salt (1/2 Teaspoon)
- 142 Grams Butter – Softened (10 Tablespoons)
- 213 Grams Brown Sugar – Packed (1 Cup)
- 94 Grams Powdered Sugar (3/4 Cup)
- 8 Grams Vanilla Extract (2 Teaspoons)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 300 Grams Milk Chocolate Chips (1 3/4 Cups)
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Use an electric hand mixer to combine butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly add eggs and vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- With the mixer running, gradually add flour mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Use a large mixing spoon to fold in chocolate chips.
- To keep cookies from spreading, chill dough for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 330° F (165° C).
- Use a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons) to drop cookie dough onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes until the edges turn a light gold color.
Did You Try It?
These are my favorite chocolate chip cookies, but are they your favorite cookies, too? I want to know! Do you have a better recipe? Maybe some suggestions for making the ultimate chocolate chip cookie? Tell me in the comments below!