Do you remember my favorite no-bake cookie recipe?
Well, for years I’ve had that recipe written on a piece of scrap paper. That paper is covered in food splotches and stains, and you know that recipe is amazing.
Guess what I found on the back of that paper.
This ultimate chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe.
Oh yes. It’s a thing of beauty.
I honestly had forgotten that I had this recipe until my daughter pointed out the words on the back of the paper. It had been folded up and crumbled a bit, but the recipe was still readable.
And I’m so glad I have it.
Seriously – I know I have a million different cookie recipes. But this is the best oatmeal chocolate chip one. Hands down. For sure.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 113 Grams Butter, Softened (1 Stick – 8 Tablespoons)
- 100 Grams Brown Sugar (1/2 Cup)
- 100 Grams White Granulated Sugar (1/2 Cup)
- 2 Grams Baking Soda (1/2 Teaspoon)
- 2 Grams Baking Powder (1/2 Teaspoon)
- 120 Grams All-Purpose Flour (1 Cup)
- 100 Grams Quick Oats (1 1/4 Cup)
- 170 Grams Milk Chocolate Chips (1 Cup)
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit (176° Celsius).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugars, and egg.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, flour, and oats.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours to minimize spreading.
- Use a cookie scoop (1 1/2 Tablespoon-sized) to drop bits of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges have slightly browned. Let cookies finish baking on the pan before serving.
Did You Try It?
I love hearing about everyone’s experiences with my recipes. It really makes my day – no, my week. I just go throughout my day with a smile on my face knowing that someone out there enjoyed a recipe I shared.
If you liked my recipe or if you have suggestions to make my recipe even better, share your thoughts in the comments below!