I love jalapeño poppers. Whenever my friends bring them over to have as a side with dinner, I go absolutely crazy for them. I can’t seem to help myself, and I eat way too many.
But jalapeño poppers are spicy. Some peppers pack more heat than I am comfortable eating, and my daughter can’t handle the spice at all.
So I’ve made a kid-friendly, heart-burn friendly version with the milder, sweeter bell pepper. Better still, I’ve opted for mini bell peppers, so they’re easier for small hands to pick up and enjoy.
These bite-sized snacks are flavorful and fun to eat. I regularly make them for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks for me and for my family.
Bell peppers are a great source of vitamin C and fiber, while cream cheese and bacon are full of protein. Just be careful, though. Their small size makes it easy to eat a lot, so if you’re counting calories, try to portion them out to suit your needs.
Mini Bell Pepper Poppers
- 448 Grams Mini Bell Peppers (16 Mini Peppers – Almost a 16 ounce bag)
- 226 Grams Cream Cheese, Softened (An 8-Ounce Block)
- 56 Grams Bacon Crumbles (1/2 Cup)
- 117 Grams Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (1/2 Cup)
- .25 Grams Black Pepper (1/8 Teaspoon)
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius).
- Rinse and cut peppers in half. Remove seeds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, and pepper.
- Fill each pepper with the mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes. Peppers will be soft and cheese heated through.
Did You Try It?
I love these little bell pepper poppers. They’re so yummy and fun to make. But I enjoy your feedback even more than I enjoy eating healthy snacks. If you tried my recipe, don’t forget to leave a star rating, or if you have suggestions for improvement, let me know in the comments below. I like making small changes and adjustments to make good recipes even better, and your tips can help me do just that!