I love easy-to-prep slow-cooker meals. Just dump everything in the pot and let the magic happen.
Slow-cooker potato soup is my go-to meal when I want to eat cheap and healthy, and it’s a perfect choice when I want something that feels cozy and homey.
Better still, slow-cooker potato soup goes well with just about any topping I happen to have on hand. Green onions? Sprinkle ’em on there. Bacon crumbles? Toss those too. Shredded cheese? Why not?
If you like to meal prep, slow-cooker potato soup freezes beautifully. You can cut the veggies ahead of time for a lazy dinner later.
Slow-Cooker Potato Soup
- 1360 Grams Potatoes (3 Lbs.)
- 85 Grams Onion, Chopped (1/2 Medium Onion)
- 100 Grams Celery, Sliced (2 Stalks)
- 140 Grams Carrots, Sliced (2 Large)
- 425 Grams Corn (1 15-Oz. Can)
- 8 Grams Garlic, Minced (1 Tablespoon)
- 0.5 Grams Pepper (1/4 Teaspoon)
- 1 Gram Rosemary, Dried (1 Teaspoon)
- 1530 Grams Chicken Broth (6 Cups)
- 6 Grams Salt (1 Teaspoon)
- 480 Grams Milk (2 Cups)
- 30 Grams All-Purpose Flour (1/4 Cup)
- Bacon Crumbles
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and corn in slow cooker.
- Pour broth over everything and add seasonings.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours.
- Whisk flour into milk to create a roux. Then stir into the soup.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes until the soup bubbles.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Mix everything together.
- Top with cheese, bacon crumbles, and green onion.
Freezer Prep Instructions
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and corn in freezer-friendly Ziploc bag.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the vegetables, seal, label, and place in freezer.
- The night before cooking, remove bag from freezer and thaw in the fridge over night.
- Dump ingredients into slow cooker.
- Add broth and follow instructions 3-7.
Did You Try It?
I love it when my friends and family try my recipes. But I love it even more when I can make a good recipe even better. If you have a suggestion for improving my recipe, feel free to leave it in the comment section below.
Leave a Comment