Are you sick of muffins yet?
Yeah, me neither.
I’ve tried yet another winning sourdough discard recipe: chocolate chocolate chip muffins. And I’m in love with how they turned out.
You wouldn’t think sourdough discard and chocolate would go together so well, but they do! And it’s lovely. The tangy flavor from the discard and the rich flavor from the chocolate make these muffins the ultimate breakfast snack.
And of course, you can never have too many chocolate chip recipes, am I right?
Sourdough Discard Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Use up that sourdough starter with this easy recipe. Double the chocolate. Double the yum.
- 150 Grams All-Purpose Flour (1 1/2 Cups)
- 200 Grams White Granulated Sugar (1 Cup)
- 32 Grams Cocoa Powder (1/3 Cup)
- 4 Grams Baking Powder (1 Teaspoon)
- 1 Gram Baking Soda (1/4 Teaspoon)
- 4 Grams Salt (3/4 Teaspoon)
- 226 Grams Sourdough Starter Discard (1 Cup)
- 85 Grams Milk (1/4 Cup)
- 56 Grams Butter, Melted (1/4 Cup)
- 4 Grams Vanilla Extract (1 Teaspoon)
- 1 Large Egg
- 112 Grams Chocolate Chips (2/3 Cup)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit (204° Celsius).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sourdough discard, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin and scoop the batter into each cup, filling the cups until they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick, and if it comes out clean, the muffins are done!
Did You Try It?
I love it whenever someone tries my recipes. If you tried these muffins, let me know what you think. Feel free to leave your suggestions and opinions in the comments below!
Loved the recipe. Not overly sweet. I used mini chocolate chips. Will definitely make again.
Woohoo! I’m glad you enjoyed them 🙂 Thanks for the feedback!
Tried this. They were great. I cut the sides gar content by almost half though cause I don’t like ‘em too sweet.
I’m glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for the feedback about the sugar 🙂