Did you like my slow cooker chicken teriyaki? Then you just might like this slow cooker honey sesame chicken.
It’s the perfect blend of sweet from the honey and savory from the soy sauce. When you sprinkle green onions on top, the flavor goes from great to *chef’s kiss* Mwah! Beautiful.
Although I love to serve it over rice, you could just as easily serve it on sandwiches or as burrito filling. And if you have a little extra time, you could make slow cooker honey sesame chicken in advance and freeze it for a future busy night.
As with my other slow cooker recipes, honey sesame chicken is a dump-and-go kind of meal. Just toss all the ingredients into the pot, set the temperature, and you’ll be good to go by dinner time. Minimal effort and minimal cleanup.
Oh, and did I already mention that it’s yummy?
It’s definitely yummy.
Slow cooker honey sesame chicken keeps my family full and happy and begging for more.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 452 Grams Chicken Breasts (About 4 Chicken Breasts)
- 115 Grams Onion (1 Small Onion)
- 6 Grams Minced Garlic (2 Cloves or 2 Teaspoons)
- 128 Grams Soy Sauce (1/2 Cup)
- 170 Grams Honey (1/2 Cup)
- 68 Grams Ketchup (1/4 Cup)
- 26 Grams Sesame Seed Oil (2 Tablespoons)
- 15 Grams Green Onions (1 Stalk or So to Taste)
- 1 Grams Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and sprinkle the onions and garlic over the top.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, sesame seed oil in a small bowl. Pour over the top of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork. Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc freezer friendly bag, write the recipe name, date, and cooking instructions.
- Place all ingredients except the sesame seeds and green onions in the bag, close the bag, and shake well.
- Remove any excess air from the bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Prior to cooking, thaw in the refrigerator over night.
Did You Try It?
I love hearing from my readers. Your comments and suggestions help make my blog a better place, and your input can change a good recipe into an even better one. If you have tips, tricks, or pointers for making this recipe perfect, let me know in the comments below!