So do you remember my post from forever ago when I talked about how much I love Dash products? I had purchased a rice cooker and an egg cooker from them and liked them so much I just had to blog about it.
I’m not affiliated with Dash in any way – and my opinions are my own. But, I just had to say that since that post a year ago, I’ve purchased the Dash waffle iron, the pancake maker, and the doughnut maker*. All of their products have worked just beautifully – and they all come in super cute colors.
My doughnut maker, in particular, has sparked my baking creativity. It’s been a lot of fun thinking about different flavors and glazes for doughnuts. This week I made Mini Sourdough Discard Snowball Doughnuts.
Pick Your Favor Flavors
These mini sourdough discard snowball doughnuts have the faintest hint of lemon, which combines beautifully with sourdough. I’ve made sourdough lemon muffins before, and now I’m happy to add lemon doughnuts to my baking rotation.
However, if you’re not a fan of lemon, you don’t have to include it in your doughnuts. Just swap out the lemon extract for additional vanilla extract and you’ll be good to go!
I love dipping these mini sourdough discard snowball doughnuts in fruit syrup that I buy from Costco, but even without the syrup, they are super tasty. My husband enjoys them as a side to his morning coffee. They make for a indulgent snack or breakfast, and their small size makes them the perfect grab-and-go food.
Sourdough Discard Mini Lemon Snowball Doughnuts
- 75 Grams Sourdough Discard, Fed or Unfed (1/3 Cup)
- 80 Grams Milk (1/3 Cup)
- 7 Grams Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- 34 Grams Vegetable Oil (2 1/2 Tablespoons)
- 2 Grams Vanilla Extract (1/2 Teaspoon)
- 2 Grams Lemon Extract (1/2 Teaspoon)
- 80 Grams All-Purpose Flour (2/3 Cup)
- 6 Grams Baking Powder (1 1/2 Teaspoons)
- 100 Grams White Granulated Sugar (1/2 Cup)
- 1.5 Grams Salt (1/4 Teaspoon)
- 65 Grams Powdered Confectioner's Sugar (1/2 Cup)
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag.
- Pipe batter into lightly greased mini doughnut maker. Close the lid and bake for 2 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to flip the doughnuts and bake for another 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Let doughnuts cool on a wire cooling rack for a few minutes.
- Roll doughnuts in powdered sugar until covered.
Did You Try It?
I love making these mini sourdough discard snowball doughnuts for friends and family, and I love it even more when they get the chance to make my recipes on their own time. If you tried my recipe and liked it, feel free to leave a star rating. Or if you have suggestions for making this recipe better, let me know in the comments section below.
*Even though I’m not affiliated with DASH, I am affiliated with Amazon. As an Amazon associate, I do receive a small commission on purchases from affiliate links. However, they do not pay me for my opinions, and I only share products I absolutely love.